The Technical Writer is responsible for leading the technical writing team in the development, support and implementation of product content related initiatives. The writer produces high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of Sapphire Software. The writer works collaboratively with developers, implementers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of Sapphire Software and the documentation requirements.
- Produces user guides, data sheets, HTML help, product requirement documents, specification updates, application notes, white papers, release notes and software reference manuals.
- Analyzes existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Creates and maintains the information architecture.
- Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Creates tutorials to help end-users for a variety of applications.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in English or related field, or equivalent technical writing experience.
2-3 years proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
Experience creating, reviewing and editing new and revised materials.
Experience or skill preferred:
Knowledge of video and content creation software.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to lead or work independently while managing a variety of objectives.
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration with all internal partners, both horizontally and vertically within the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, and other federal, state and local standards
Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone