The person in this position develops new and enhances existing software solutions. The developer takes the design, which has been crafted in adherence with company coding standards and implements the solution outlined in the specification and related documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new software and enhance existing software based on defined projects.
- Design new software functionality with an eye toward user experience and overall fit within existing solutions.
- Develop applications based on project needs and requirements and maintain previously developed solutions.
- Participate in application design meetings, development review meetings, and peer reviews as necessary.
- Recommend needs and enhancements for all areas of Sapphire modules.
- Research, identify, and fix software bugs and defects.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
B.S. Degree in Computer Science, IST, MIS or related field
Working knowledge of the following technologies:
1 year unless recent college graduate.
B.S. Degree in Computer Science
4-5 years of experience developing software using the above technologies.
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to read and understand software requirements, develop a solution to meet the requirements, verify proper operation of the resulting solution, and take ownership of the results.
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration with all internal partners, both horizontally and vertically within the organization.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, and other federal, state and local standards
Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone